- The Benedict Option
- Is past experience of church a barrier for persons with mental illness and their families?
- What the church can learn from a basketball game
- Jeff McNair: Eight Questions to Guide the Next Steps for Your Disability Ministry
- We’re starting a new group for leaders in mental health inclusion ministry
Key uses Formstack for data collection, surveys and event registration. Try it today for FREE!
Check out Jeff Davidson’s book on a dad and a son with special needs
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Book Reviews
- Culture of Life
- Foster Care
- Gillian Marchenko
- Hidden Disabilities
- Inclusion Fusion
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Jeff Davidson
- Jolene Philo
- Key Ministry
- Mental Health
- Mike Woods
- Ministry Environments
- online church
- Ryan Wolfe
- Sandra Peoples
- Shannon Dingle
- Special Education
- Special Needs Ministry
- Spiritual Development
- The Front Door-Online Church From Key Ministry
- Training Events
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Join @SandraPeoples in April for 30 Days of Prayer for Our Kids on the Spectrum buff.ly/2nyEaH6 https://t.co/IckHEeMu8E 1 day ago
- RT @jolenephilo: Dream Team Link Share #158 - differentdream.com/2017/03/dream-… https://t.co/YLVHMX6gRf 1 day ago
- RT @amothersrest: New to A Mother's Rest? Join our private FB group! facebook.com/groups/2445650… https://t.co/uxyAGewWCq 1 day ago
- So many great exhibits and new friends! twitter.com/come2thesummit… 1 day ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: "I know that I can trust Him with my son's body, heart, and spirit..." @melodyofautism ow.ly/FgSh30akjpB #specialnee… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Jolene Philo’s new book on PTSD is now available!
Tag Archives: student ministry
Teens who voluntarily engage in sexual activity or are victims of sexual violence are far more likely to experience suicidal thinking or behavior than their peers. Continue reading
You may silently grieve the loss of aspirations you had for your child as well as your inability to share experiences with your child that you dreamed of doing together. Continue reading
The professional community, parents and families hold assumptions about the effectiveness of psychotropic medication, especially medication for depression, that are unrealistic based upon our understanding of the research literature. Continue reading
We know that most kids with gender non-conformity become comfortable with their biological sex as they progress through childhood. For those who continue to experience significant gender discordance as adolescents, far too many will have experienced trauma, mental illness, social isolation, self-injury and suicidal thoughts.
What the statistics don’t tell us is WHY we’re seeing such a significant increase in the rates of suicide among children, teens and young adults, along with sizable increases in suicide rates among adults of middle age, especially women. What might be causing the increase? I’d like to put forth a few “educated guesses.”
As the church, we’re called to share God’s love with kids with mental illnesses and their families, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE. Continue reading
If your child’s experience at church is as important as their experience at school, the need for effective treatment at church is as great as their need for treatment at school. Continue reading