- Updated...Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder...The new term for Reactive Attachment Disorder?
- What if the church destroyed the foster care system as we know it?
- Dr. Oren Mason...Wondering what a pill will do to me?
Key uses Formstack for data collection, surveys and event registration. Try it today for FREE!
Check out Jeff Davidson’s book on a dad and a son with special needs
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Book Reviews
- Culture of Life
- Foster Care
- Gillian Marchenko
- Hidden Disabilities
- Inclusion Fusion
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Jeff Davidson
- Jolene Philo
- Key Ministry
- Mental Health
- Mike Woods
- Ministry Environments
- online church
- Ryan Wolfe
- Sandra Peoples
- Shannon Dingle
- Special Education
- Special Needs Ministry
- Spiritual Development
- The Front Door-Online Church From Key Ministry
- Training Events
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Great post from @CatherineSBoyle with wisdom for families experiencing mental health crisis. outsideinministries.com/life-interrupt… #mhsm #mentalhealth 7 hours ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: The Most Important Fifteen Minutes of My Day (and how you can get a planner printable) - Sandra Peoples https://t.co/xffW… 19 hours ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Recommending THIS again today -->Every Child Welcome: A Ministry Handbook... smile.amazon.com/dp/0825443504/… via @JolenePhilo @Kat… 19 hours ago
- RT @AutismOAR: Self-advocate Lamar Hardwick on, "Disabilities, Diversity, and a Discussion about Black History Month": https://t.co/7hjYeme… 19 hours ago
- The days after parents hear their child has a disability can be difficult. They need an anchor to help steady them—… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 22 hours ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Jolene Philo’s new book on PTSD is now available!
Tag Archives: Depression
Is the stigma against treatment of mental illness generally, and treatment of ADHD specifically a contributing factor to the difference in rates of completed suicide among African-American children and other ethnic groups? Continue reading
Pain and grief were emotions created by God, you should not feel guilty for feeling them. Being depressed does not mean you no longer love Jesus or that Jesus no longer loves you. Continue reading
You may silently grieve the loss of aspirations you had for your child as well as your inability to share experiences with your child that you dreamed of doing together. Continue reading
The professional community, parents and families hold assumptions about the effectiveness of psychotropic medication, especially medication for depression, that are unrealistic based upon our understanding of the research literature. Continue reading
Couples fighting mental illness often ask us what they can/should do when one spouse is depressed. Continue reading
Allowing myself to thaw, I find, takes way more guts than staying frozen. Frozen means no emotion. Frozen means lost days and weeks. Frozen means standing still, not thinking about others or myself. But now, the more I know, the more I work the program, the more I heal, the more I thaw. I drip emotion. I realize the toll my problems take on people around me that I love. And it hurts. Continue reading
Don’t judge or assume that if your friend can’t ‘pull her life together’ then she just isn’t trying hard enough. Depression isn’t laziness or a lack of faith. It is a disease that requires treatment and care. Continue reading