- The Benedict Option
- Is past experience of church a barrier for persons with mental illness and their families?
- What the church can learn from a basketball game
- Jeff McNair: Eight Questions to Guide the Next Steps for Your Disability Ministry
- We’re starting a new group for leaders in mental health inclusion ministry
Key uses Formstack for data collection, surveys and event registration. Try it today for FREE!
Check out Jeff Davidson’s book on a dad and a son with special needs
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Book Reviews
- Culture of Life
- Foster Care
- Gillian Marchenko
- Hidden Disabilities
- Inclusion Fusion
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Jeff Davidson
- Jolene Philo
- Key Ministry
- Mental Health
- Mike Woods
- Ministry Environments
- online church
- Ryan Wolfe
- Sandra Peoples
- Shannon Dingle
- Special Education
- Special Needs Ministry
- Spiritual Development
- The Front Door-Online Church From Key Ministry
- Training Events
We’re #4 in 2015! Thanks to our readers who made it possible!
“The most complete special needs ministry resource I’ve ever come across.”
- Join @SandraPeoples in April for 30 Days of Prayer for Our Kids on the Spectrum buff.ly/2nyEaH6 https://t.co/IckHEeMu8E 1 day ago
- RT @jolenephilo: Dream Team Link Share #158 - differentdream.com/2017/03/dream-… https://t.co/YLVHMX6gRf 1 day ago
- RT @amothersrest: New to A Mother's Rest? Join our private FB group! facebook.com/groups/2445650… https://t.co/uxyAGewWCq 1 day ago
- So many great exhibits and new friends! twitter.com/come2thesummit… 1 day ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: "I know that I can trust Him with my son's body, heart, and spirit..." @melodyofautism ow.ly/FgSh30akjpB #specialnee… 1 day ago
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Jolene Philo’s new book on PTSD is now available!
Tag Archives: churches
How can our churches be safe places for survivors like me, even those who will never disclose their stories? Continue reading
We seek to connect families with churches close to where they live. We need LOTS and LOTS of churches willing and prepared to welcome families impacted by disability. And that’s where you come in. Continue reading
I’d like to challenge church leaders to assume responsibility for supporting their families when they pursue adoption ministry. Continue reading
Our team at Key Ministry seeks to help ministry leaders better appreciate the challenges families face in finding the proper help for their kids with emotional or behavioral disorders and offer resources when parents turn to churches in search of help.
Kids with disabilities, their siblings, and their families generally don’t experience the sense of being pursued. They’re not the first ones picked for teams on the playground. They’re not the kids who get invited to sleepovers or “play dates”. They’re not the recipients of the increasingly grandiose (and public) invitations to attend the prom. We’re going to help churches pursue them…and allow them to experience what it’s like to be pursued.
From a resource development standpoint, providing information and materials to help churches support families who adopt children likely to have special needs will be a big theme on this blog next year. Beth Guckenberger and her organization, Back2Back Ministries are doing some great work in this area. Here’s her presentation from this past year’s Inclusion Fusion, Holistically Serving the Adopted/Foster Child… Continue reading