- Growing up with a sibling with special needs...Inclusion Fusion Library
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)...A necessary response to the "bipolar" epidemic
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder...A description or a diagnosis?
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Key Ministry Needs YOUR Support! Give to the Annual Fund Campaign!
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Book Reviews
- Foster Care
- Hidden Disabilities
- Inclusion Fusion
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Key Ministry
- Mental Health
- Ministry Environments
- Spiritual Development
- Training Events
- Dr. G’s interview on serving kids with mental health disorders and their families featured at Insight for Living! wp.me/pd3Cx-1kU 3 days ago
- Inspiring story of how God used Bryan Roe's experience with #Tourettes to bless others...Inclusion Fusion Library wp.me/pd3Cx-1kH 4 days ago
- A preview of our ministry adventures in 2014 and beyond...Key Ministry 2.0 wp.me/pd3Cx-1kN 5 days ago
- Thankful for the opportunity to serve... wp.me/pd3Cx-1kA 5 days ago
- Knowledge, innovation and experience...Key Ministry 2.0 wp.me/pd3Cx-1ku 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Harmony Hensley
Harmony will be speaking on the topic So, there’s this kid… She’ll be teaching on common disabilities, common misperceptions about those disabilities and provide practical tips for engaging kids with disabilities in your church. Continue reading
I’ll share some ideas about strategies we can all begin to pursue where we’re positioned right now…this is intended to be a starting point to spark discussion Continue reading
I would encourage you to take a two pronged approach to making your church a more welcoming environment for families and kids impacted by disability.
For families and children impacted by disability church is all too often viewed as a “hostile” environment in which they feel judged or unwelcome. Sadly, I’ve met a number of families who would summarize their church experience this way. Continue reading
One of my goals when we launched the blog in 2010 was to develop a comprehensive library of resources for church staff and volunteers working with kids with the full range of common emotional, behavioral and developmental disorders I see among kids served in our practice. We hope to complete that goal by the end of 2013.
On Friday evening, Katie Wetherbee will be teaming up with Amy Kendall, Disability Coordinator from Saddleback Church in California to present Comfort and Joy: Creating a Classroom Culture That Could Change the Kingdom.
Also on Friday evening, Harmony Hensley will be presenting on the topic of Volunteer Recruitment and Retention.
On Saturday, I’ll have the opportunity to share on the topic of Supporting Children and Teens who Struggle With Anxiety. Rebecca Hamilton will be participating as part of the panel in a discussion…Respite-The Gift of Time, led by Jackie Mills-Fernald and including Sib Nafziger Charles and Cameron Doolittle. Continue reading
I’ll jump right in to my viewing recommendations for today, with an emphasis on developing relationships with families of kids with disabilities who aren’t currently a part of our churches… Continue reading
I don’t know how I’d tell a leader interested in the resources we offer without the means to pay for them that they couldn’t come to our conference. And thanks to the generosity of our ministry supporters, I’m blessed that I don’t have to. Continue reading
If you plan to attend this weekend’s Group Kidmin children’s ministry extravaganza in Chicago, make a point of connecting with Katie Wetherbee and Harmony Hensley from our Key Ministry team. Continue reading
Today, we’ll look at “Party With a Purpose,” a complete guide for churches seeking to develop outwardly-focused inclusion events. We’ll also share our Special Events toolbox, including resources for doing an inclusive Vacation Bible School, hosting neighborhood parties and doing inclusion ministry outside the walls of the church.