- Special Needs and Divorce: What Does the Data Say?
- Does your church inadvertently hurt people with mental illness? Guest blogger Amy Simpson
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- Resources for kids with disruptive behavior...Carrie Lupoli
- One mother's journey...adoption and psychotropic medication
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Inclusion Fusion 2012 Magazine Now Available!
Key Ministry Needs YOUR Support! Give to the Annual Fund Campaign!
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Book Reviews
- Foster Care
- Hidden Disabilities
- Inclusion Fusion
- Key Ministry
- Mental Health
- Ministry Environments
- Spiritual Development
- Training Events
- Resources for kids with disruptive behavior...Carrie Lupoli wp.me/pd3Cx-1an 23 hours ago
- The "Chief Mum" joins the Key Ministry team...Interview with Carrie Lupoli wp.me/pd3Cx-1ai 1 day ago
- A call to the church & chance to win a free book from @KeyMinistry: ow.ly/kXdpf 1 day ago
- RT @LiveLearnAsia: Our founder's newest role supports kids with needs in church! RT@CarrieLupoli: My newest role.... ow.ly/l3Pqd… 1 day ago
- One mother's journey...adoption and psychotropic medication wp.me/pd3Cx-1a8 #mentalhealth #SpeakUp4Kids 3 days ago
Special Needs Ministry iPad App from First Baptist Orlando!
Tag Archives: Harmony Hensley
I’ll share some ideas about strategies we can all begin to pursue where we’re positioned right now…this is intended to be a starting point to spark discussion Continue reading
I would encourage you to take a two pronged approach to making your church a more welcoming environment for families and kids impacted by disability.
For families and children impacted by disability church is all too often viewed as a “hostile” environment in which they feel judged or unwelcome. Sadly, I’ve met a number of families who would summarize their church experience this way. Continue reading
One of my goals when we launched the blog in 2010 was to develop a comprehensive library of resources for church staff and volunteers working with kids with the full range of common emotional, behavioral and developmental disorders I see among kids served in our practice. We hope to complete that goal by the end of 2013.
On Friday evening, Katie Wetherbee will be teaming up with Amy Kendall, Disability Coordinator from Saddleback Church in California to present Comfort and Joy: Creating a Classroom Culture That Could Change the Kingdom.
Also on Friday evening, Harmony Hensley will be presenting on the topic of Volunteer Recruitment and Retention.
On Saturday, I’ll have the opportunity to share on the topic of Supporting Children and Teens who Struggle With Anxiety. Rebecca Hamilton will be participating as part of the panel in a discussion…Respite-The Gift of Time, led by Jackie Mills-Fernald and including Sib Nafziger Charles and Cameron Doolittle. Continue reading
I’ll jump right in to my viewing recommendations for today, with an emphasis on developing relationships with families of kids with disabilities who aren’t currently a part of our churches… Continue reading