Inclusion Fusion…March 2014Is Online Christian Community Real Community?March 6th, 2014Chat with author and online pastor Nils Smith from 1:00-2:00 Eastern and at 9:00 Eastern
We’re #15 in 2013!
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Key Ministry Needs YOUR Support! Give to the Annual Fund Campaign!
- Live NOW and at 9:00 PM tonight with @NilsSmith…how online church can serve families with disabilities! go.mediasocial.tv/keyministry 1 day ago
- Experiencing Genuine Community Online…guest post from @NilsSmith wp.me/pd3Cx-1qP #spnmin 3 days ago
- Why kids and families avoid traditional supports through disability ministries at church... wp.me/pd3Cx-1qW #kidmin #uthmin 3 days ago
- Good post from Colleen Swindoll-Thompson: The Playground: Five Truths to Remember - Special Needs disq.us/8hblgk 1 week ago
- What Perry Noble’s admission says about mental illness, stigma and church wp.me/pd3Cx-1qL #overwhelmedbook 1 week ago
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Book Reviews
- Foster Care
- Hidden Disabilities
- Inclusion Fusion
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Key Ministry
- Mental Health
- Ministry Environments
- Spiritual Development
- Training Events
Category Archives: Training Events
UPDATE: Nils Smith will be joining us at 1:00 PM Eastern and 9:00 PM Eastern for an interactive chat! Continue reading
We’ve made some changes to make it as easy as possible for pastors, church staff, volunteers and families to join us for Inclusion Fusion… Continue reading
We’re doing a beta test tonight of a disability ministry training platform that will allow us to prerecord video training that will be accompanied by the availability of live chat with the presenters who developed the training. Continue reading
Carrie will be sharing strategies for effectively including kids with mental illness, trauma and developmental disabilities into Sunday School settings and offering practical tips for managing behavior for children who struggle with impulse control and self-regulation. I’ll be offering an overview of why including kids with hidden disabilities and their families is so important for the local church, and discussing how common conditions including ADHD, anxiety and Asperger’s Disorder may impact spiritual development in children and teens. Continue reading
We’re putting together our training offerings for the coming year, and want to know how we can be most helpful to your church’s staff and volunteers as you serve families impacted by disabilities.
I’m honored to announce that our Board has offered me the opportunity to serve the ministry in a 25 hour/week volunteer staff position as Director of Strategic Initiatives in the year ahead, while maintaining my current role as Board Chairman of Key Ministry. Continue reading
Colleen Swindoll-Thompson asked her adult children to speak on the challenges siblings experience when a brother or sister experiences a disability. Siblings are often forgotten, judged, misunderstood, and suffer many challenges. Colleen’s children (Ashley, Austin and Cody) shared their experiences growing up with a brother with significant special needs. Continue reading