Key Ministry’s Online Church
- How one good deed turned into the Heart of Rock and Roll...Shane Geisheimer
- DSM-5: Rethinking Reactive Attachment Disorder
- What families of teens and young adults with developmental disabilities need from church...
- Why your kid's Concerta hasn't been working lately...
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
We’re #15 in 2013!
- How one good deed turned into the Heart of Rock and Roll…Shane Geisheimer
- What families of teens and young adults with developmental disabilities need from church…
- AWANA Conference Presentations on Slideshare…
- Kimberlie Zakarian…When an invisible disability meets pediatric bipolar disorder
- Who’s your ONE?
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Key Ministry Needs YOUR Support! Give to the Annual Fund Campaign!
- RT @FocusParenting: 4 easy tips to get your kids back on a sleep schedule today.com/parents/4-easy… via @TODAY_parents 54 minutes ago
- RT @NilsSmith: Honored to serve @KeyMinistry and the incredible work they are doing to use technology to minister to families impacted by d… 1 hour ago
- How one good deed turned into the Heart of Rock and Roll…Shane Geisheimer #SpNMin pinterest.com/pin/1171640277… 7 hours ago
- Circa 2008. Be afraid... Be VERY afraid. ;-) #tbt instagram.com/p/sPzgkoILfh/ 7 hours ago
- RT @SNAPPIN_MIN: Social Skills Jesus' Way #ASD #ADHD pinterest.com/pin/7156508155… 1 day ago
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Book Reviews
- Foster Care
- Hidden Disabilities
- Inclusion Fusion
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Key Ministry
- Mental Health
- Mike Woods
- Ministry Environments
- Spiritual Development
- The Front Door-Online Church From Key Ministry
- Training Events
Category Archives: Book Reviews
Matt’s book is really about submission…giving up our agendas and sense of self-sufficiency for a life in which we experience both pain and joy in the process of truly experiencing the presence of God through becoming totally dependent upon Him. Continue reading
Troubled Minds: Mental Health and the Church’s Mission. Authored by Amy Simpson. Foreword by Marshall Shelley. Published by InterVarsity Press. Available at Amazon. Amy Simpson’s new book is a much needed catalyst to a long overdue discussion on the topic … Continue reading
The Eric Trap contains lots of sage advice from three highly qualified leaders in the field of children’s ministry. This is a great synopsis of the type of wisdom one would get from listening to several days of main stage speakers at a major ministry conference. I’d strongly recommend the book to my friends in “kidmin” world, as well as other areas of ministry, especially those who are feeling “stuck.”
Jolene Philo’s book is an invaluable help to parents and caregivers seeking to do their very best to serve their child with special needs. Her book can serve as an “adjunct left brain” when the emotions and decisions parents need to process become too much to handle. Continue reading
Rhonda Martin’s new book, Stuck, is an invaluable resource for kids with OCD and their families because it helps kids and parents to recognize that others experience similar types distressing thoughts, irrational fears and compulsive behaviors. The ability to attach a name to symptoms is often the first step in the process of seeking help. The kids I see in my practice have often suffered in silence for years. The availability of Stuck will undoubtedly result in thousands of kids and families seeking help who wouldn’t have otherwise experienced relief from a condition that prevents them from becoming the people God created them to be. Continue reading
Autism and Your Church is an excellent resource for church staff and volunteers seeking to more effectively minister to children and adults with autism spectrum disorders and their families, offering strategies for creating welcoming environments and practical solutions for churches seeking to be more inclusive of persons with special needs. Continue reading