- Special Needs and Divorce: What Does the Data Say?
- Hot Topics: What's Causing the Epidemic of Mental Illness in Kids?
- Does your church inadvertently hurt people with mental illness? Guest blogger Amy Simpson
- Asperger's Disorder and Spiritual Development
- Resources for kids with disruptive behavior...Carrie Lupoli
Honored to be in Sharecare Now’s Top Ten online influencers in children’s mental health!
Inclusion Fusion 2012 Magazine Now Available!
Key Ministry Needs YOUR Support! Give to the Annual Fund Campaign!
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Book Reviews
- Foster Care
- Hidden Disabilities
- Inclusion Fusion
- Key Ministry
- Mental Health
- Ministry Environments
- Spiritual Development
- Training Events
- Resources for kids with disruptive behavior...Carrie Lupoli wp.me/pd3Cx-1an 1 day ago
- The "Chief Mum" joins the Key Ministry team...Interview with Carrie Lupoli wp.me/pd3Cx-1ai 2 days ago
- A call to the church & chance to win a free book from @KeyMinistry: ow.ly/kXdpf 2 days ago
- RT @LiveLearnAsia: Our founder's newest role supports kids with needs in church! RT@CarrieLupoli: My newest role.... ow.ly/l3Pqd… 2 days ago
- One mother's journey...adoption and psychotropic medication wp.me/pd3Cx-1a8 #mentalhealth #SpeakUp4Kids 4 days ago
Special Needs Ministry iPad App from First Baptist Orlando!
Author Archives: drgrcevich
One of the BEST resources I almost always recommend to families is called “123 Magic, Effective Discipline for Children Ages 2-12.” There is a Christian version as well which I love to present to churches. A practical, simple method for curbing behaviors while developing positive relationship with your children, I have NEVER not seen it work, when parents implement it correctly. Continue reading
What an eye opening experience it was for me to witness what was happening to kids with hidden disabilities around the world. Continue reading
I wrote my new book, Troubled Minds: Mental Illness and the Church’s Mission, to help the church better understand the needs of people affected by mental illness. I also wrote it to challenge the church—that’s everyone who follows Christ—to see this as part of our mission in this life.
For my family, psychotropic medication provided a critical tool on the road to get her to where she is today, at a time when we desperately needed it, but it was neither a simple nor problem-free tool to use. Continue reading
There are lots of things about the environments in which we “do church” that pose major barriers for a parent or child struggling with common mental health disorders. Continue reading
I thought I’d keep it simple today and share this graphic for you from the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry… Continue reading